How important is your health to you?
Believe it or not there is increasing evidence out there that supports the theory that we are meant to maintain physical activity on a regular basis.
- Wolff’s Law – bone density adapts proportionately to the amount of stress under which it is placed (Too much rest, not enough stress, and you’ll end up “boneless”) When you increased the load you put on your body, over time your bones get stronger and more resistant.
- Physical activity can help control your weight, reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and metabolic syndrome (According to the CDC).
What are things we can do to stay active?
Squat for your health!
The squat is a primary movement that people have been doing since the beginning of human life (Think Babies).
It is one of the most common functional exercise. This basically means that performing this movement will help you to perform daily activities such as bending and lifting, or rising up from a seated position, a lot easier or efficiently. When performed correctly it strengthens the muscles around your joints which can help to alleviate chronic pain and reduce the risk of injury.
Here are some of the many benefits to squatting:
- Helps strengthen the entire body
- Builds stability and mobility
- Strengthens core
- Boosts metabolism
- Increases flexibility
- Builds a VERY attractive butt 👍
Okay, that last one may not be scientifically proven, but I can almost guarantee that it’s really important to a lot of people 😂
Want to see me perform a squat? Probably not, but here I am anyway 😊⬇️⬇️⬇️
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to lift those glutes and squat for your health!
Maximize your ability to affect positive change